In-Store Shopping During COVID-19 Pandemic
During these difficult times Reef eScape wants you to know that we place people above all else. We are all members of the community not just as a company, but as individuals as well. As of December COVID numbers are soaring in our area and everyone's health and welfare is our number one concern, we've made the following changes to our In-Store Shopping Experience.
1. All Appointments are now completely free. There are no coupon codes to deal with and no limit to your visits to the shop.
2. All days of the week EXCEPT SATURDAY have only single appointments available to minimize contact with people not in your party.
3. On Saturdays, although there are two appointments available, if you feel uncomfortable with shopping with someone else and cannot make it to the shop at any other time, you may book BOTH appointments so that you are shopping by yourself or only with other people in your party. There is still no charge for the second visit.
The following rules will apply to your visit:
- Tight fitting masks fully covering the mouth and nose without vents (or that have the vents covered/closed) are REQUIRED to ensure everyone's safety for ALL people in your party, regardless of age or health considerations - if you cannot wear a mask or someone in your party is unable to, please do not book. This includes any infants, toddlers, or children who cannot wear a mask. Please do NOT plan on bringing them into our shop as they will be denied entry.
- Absolutely no one is allowed in the shop who is exhibiting any symptoms of illness including but not limited to:
- Fever and Chills
- Respiratory Distress
- A health screening will be conducted including verbal questions and contactless temperature checks on all members of your party
- Anyone who has been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days or who has exhibited any symptoms related to COVID-19 will not be admitted
- All people will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering and leaving the shop
- All people in your party MUST social distance from all staff AND other customers
Maximum group size is currently limited to 2 people who are wearing masks - NO EXCEPTIONS FOR AGE OR HEALTH; On Saturdays only if you have a party of up to 4 you may book the second slot at the same time and double the number of people you are allowed to bring in
- Children under 10 in your party MUST wear a mask and be "hand-held", meaning they must stay with you and either be carried or within hand-holding distance the entire time; if your child wanders away from you you may be asked to leave the shop for safety reasons
- All members of your group MUST stay together unless you book both slots (children under 10 must still be hand-held)
- You must leave the shop at the end of your allotted time - NO EXCEPTIONS
- Please arrive on time for your slot, no extensions are available
- Bathrooms are available for emergency use only
- Failure to comply with these rules could result in immediate termination of your visit
In order to maximize your visit time we can provide you with a shopping basket for items that you would like to purchase and have contactless selection procedures in place for any livestock items that you wish to purchase that we will explain upon your arrival. Your time will not be spent waiting on us to bag or ring any items up so if you run out of time, simply leave whatever you need on the counter at the end of your time slot and then step outside while we ring you up and prepare for the next customer.
Reef eScape does not warrant that you will not be exposed to any illnesses or pathogens while visiting our shop. We will make every effort to ensure that our shop is as clean as possible and will follow all public health guidelines for disinfection each day but we cannot account for every single possibility.
Please plan on arriving 5 minutes before your scheduled time to fill out an assessment form and have the health screening conducted. If you'd like you can fill out the attached form and bring it with you to Reef eScape you can save some time otherwise it will be available upon your arrival. Please note that if you arrive and we deem your mask to be unsuitable we will provide you with one for your visit.
Walk-ups will be welcome only for unfilled slots and will be limited to the remainder of the current slot. With the free reservation system we encourage everyone to book their visit in advance to ensure you are able to come into the store when you arrive.
Once you have selected your slot please complete the booking by going to your shopping cart and "purchasing" the appointment slot.
Please note, if you are an existing service customer that wishes to shop in the store please reach out directly to your service aquarist or the shop to reserve your slot. If you would like an exclusive trip to the shop.
For those who fall into a high risk category based on age or underlying health conditions that require special accommodations, please contact us directly to schedule your visit. Masks will still be required for your visit but we will work with you to find a way to ensure that your visit is safe!